Check-in Label Printer Installation Financial Admin
To use the Churchteams childcare check-in security system with labels you must install a printing component in Internet Explorer. This document explains how to install that component and how to configure Internet Explorer and your label printer. NOTE: Only Internet Explorer version 8 or later on a Windows machine is supported for label printing.
The 64-bit version of Internet Explorer will not work with the printing component so be sure to use the 32 bit version and NOT the 64-bit version.
If you are running Windows 8 you must use the desktop version of Internet Explorer and not the Metro/touchscreen version as it does not support the printer component that is required. Windows RT devices will also not work due to the same restriction regarding not supporting the printing component.
1. Install the printer software and connect the label printer per the instructions that came with the printer.
2. Set the label printer as the default printer by going to Control Panel and then Printers and right-clicking the printer and selecting the "Set as Default Printer" option.
3. Set the label size by right-clicking the printer and clicking Properties. On the General tab click the Printing Preferences button and then on the Layout tab click the Advanced button. Set the Paper Size dropdown to the size of label you are using.
4. In Internet Explorer select the Tools menu and click Internet Options. Click the Security tab and then click on Trusted Sites and set the security level to Medium (see image below).
5. Click the Sites button and add https://churchteams.com and https://www.churchteams.com to the list of websites and click Close and then OK.
6. Click the File menu (if it's not visible then hit ALT-F to bring it up) and then select Page Setup.
7. Check the "Print Background Colors and Images" (used for printing logos on the labels) and "Enabled shrink to fit" options and click OK.
8. Login to Churchteams using the Financial Admin, Group Admin, Staff, or Administrative Assistant password.
9. Click the Check-In menu and select the "Label printer test/setup" option and a page similar to the one below will appear. Depending on your Internet Explorer settings you may not see the popup dialog about the Information Bar but at the top of the screen there should be a message about installing the "MeadCo ScriptX" Active X component which is used for label printing from Churchteams. If there is an issue installing the component you may need to be logged into Windows as an Admin or Owner account. Additionally if there is a problem installing the printer component you may want to temporarily disable your anti-virus program just while installing the printing component (after it's installed the anti-virus shouldn't cause a problem).
10. The following confirmation box will ask you if it is okay to install the MeadCo ScriptX component. Click Yes to continue.
11. The following screen should be displayed after the component is installed. Make sure the printer is turned on and click the "Test Label Printer" button to send a test to the printer. The printer should print an example child label for Cindy Doe and a corresponding test parent label. The label should print without a prompt for selecting which printer as long as https://www.churchteams.com was added as a trusted site as mentioned in step 4.
12. You can now use the label printing when doing check-in via Churchteams!