Check-in Label Printer Installation for Mac OSX/Firefox Financial Admin To use the Churchteams childcare check-in security system with labels on Mac OSX you must use Firefox as Safari does not have support for bypassing the print confirmation dialog. Firefox on a PC is also supported (following these same instructions) however Internet Explorer on a PC is easier to setup.
1. Install the label printer software and driver in the computer and make sure it's working with a test. Set the label printer as the default printer to be used and set the default paper size to the size of label you are using.
2. Start Firefox and click the File menu (or hit ALT-F file menu isn't visible) and then click Page Setup select your label printer in the "Format For:" dropdown list. If the size of labels you are using isn't available as a paper size in your printer driver then define a custom paper size and give it a name (such as CheckinLabel) and enter label dimensions. Set the Orientation to landscape and the Scale to 100% (note for Zebra printer adding a new "Stock" was required). For Firefox on a PC set un-check the "Shrink to fit page width" box and check the "Print background (colors and images)" and on the Margins & Header/Footer tab set all the margins to 0 and all the headers/footers to "--blank--". If your labels end up printing out blank then go back into Page Setup and uncheck the "Shrink to fit page width" as that can cause an issue in some situations.
In the following section you need to go into Firefox's advanced settings to change some printing options.
3. Type about:config into the browser address/URL and press enter. You will be given a warning message and go ahead and click the "I'll be careful ..." warning button.
4. In the Filter text box type "print" and it should filter the list to only printer related items.
5. Change the following options by double clicking on them and set the value to 0 for all of them:
6. Change the following options by double clicking on them and then pressing Delete to remove the current value and make it empty. NOTE: Do not put a space in but instead delete the existing value if there is one.
7. Right-click in some blank space on the page and click the "New" menu and then select "Boolean". For the name enter "print.always_print_silent" and select the value of "true"
8. Close Firefox and restart it and login to Churchteams and test the label printing.